Information Systems Support Specialist-FT-New Haven
Position Summary The Information Systems Support Specialist will be responsible for providing a broad range of high quality technical support related to the organizations communication networks, systems, and users.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Responsible for installing, upgrading, configuring and maintaining Information Technology Equipment and software which includes the hardware, network services, and software needs of the agency.
• Manage telecommunications and configurations which includes the phone system, fax machines, and copiers.
• Create and maintain documentation regarding Information Systems infrastructure components and operations.
• Develop and communicate standards of use, operations, and security of the network, personal computers, devices, and data.
• Perform and coordinate network trouble shooting to isolate, diagnose, and resolve network problems.
• Maintain network users, access rights and directories.
• Provide training to system users as needed.
• Respond to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
• Research and evaluate network capability and recommend improvements to support both current and future operations considering new and emerging technologies.
• Assist with vendor contracts related to Information Systems. • Develop and implement disaster recovery procedures.
● Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience Associates Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a strong knowledge of hardware and software and their inner-workings, which includes having a solid understanding of circuits, switches, network connectivity, and telecommunications.
Date Posted: Jan 21, 2016 | Job ID: 003
Custodian-PT (20 hours per week)-New Haven
Under the general supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the Custodian performs cleaning and maintenance functions at either Agency location.
- Following cleaning schedule, maintain cleanliness of facility.
- New Havencustodians are responsible for laundering mop heads and cleaning rags for both Agency locations.
- Safely and effectively use cleaning products and equipment.
- Monitor and report equipment concerns and malfunctions to supervisor.
- Maintain facility security system with minimal assistance.
- Attends meetings as needed.
- Must participate in quality improvement activities
- Other duties as assigned.
- May be required to complete simple maintenance functions (repair or change out broken fixtures, hang pictures, etc.)
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Experience with healthcare cleaning and maintenance preferred.
**Must be available to work at any site if needed to fill in for other cusodians' absences
Date Posted: Jan 13, 2015 | Job ID: 001
FT Medical Receptionist-New Haven site
Position Summary The Receptionist provides initial and subsequent reception of patients into care, including telephonically. This position performs clerical functions and collects patient information and updates required for entry and care, including identification, financial statistics and personal information.
• Greet clients and answer telephone calls politely, and screen and forward calls appropriately.
• Greet clients and assist with any questions/concerns.
• Answer client questions as needed both telephonically and in person.
• Schedule/update client appointments correctly paying attention to detail.
• Call clients in advance to confirm/remind of appointment (Medical & WIC).
• Accurately enter and update any new information into patient’s account into computer system, i.e. new demographic information and insurance information. (enter client into MI-WIC record for WIC only)
• Scan all necessary forms into patients’ EHR (MI-WIC for WIC) (Excludes MIHP)
• Responsible for education and enrolling patients in the patient portal (Medical Center and HHC)
• Complete billing jellybeans in a timely manner to reconcile any billing errors (Medical Center and HHC)
• Follow proper office opening and closing procedures.
• Promote and maintain awareness of Agency programs, services, and activities.
• Attend meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences, as needed and approved for professional development and on behalf of DCS.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Triage effectively and efficiently (verbally and through eCW).
• Check to make sure all charts have been scanned into eCW for next day’s appointments.
• Verify each patient’s insurance for next day’s appointment.
• Obtain driver’s license and signatures for required written medications.
• Sign for all package deliveries for the medical center and warn medical assistants immediately when refrigerated items are delivered.
• Assist patients at check-out with re-check appointments, payments, printing out receipts for each patient for all monies collected for co-pays, print out patient visit summaries and typing work/school notes as requested by provider.
• Check for new demographic information, change in patient EHR and scan in insurance cards and IDs at patient arrival time.
• May be responsible for day receipts, cash and credit card balances.
Education and/or Experience High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
Date Posted: May 19, 2016 | Job ID: 002
Medical Biller-FT-New Haven
In collaboration with the Billing Supervisor and Finance Department, the Medical Biller ensures the timely and accurate processing of patient billing.
- Enter and/or review service charges in billing software on a daily basis.
- Assist patients with insurance billing concerns.
- Apply and verify Clinical Procedure Coding & ICD-9 coding.
- Post accounts receivables for all insurance and patient accounts.
- Prepare reports and billings for hard copy and electronic transmissions.
- Prepare and print month-end and year-end reports.
- Update fee schedules as directed by the Chief Financial Officer
- Problem-solve computer issues relative to billing processes.
- Review and correct all insurance rejections.
- Assist with daily reports as needed.
- Keep apprised and inform doctors on new insurance changes or billing codes.
- Run and work delinquent claim reports and/or held claim reports on a regular basis.
- Must participate in Quality Improvement activities.
- Attend meetings, seminars, workshops and conferences, as needed and approved for professional development and on behalf of DCS.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED).
Ability to relate with effectiveness to the public, patients, health care providers and reimbursement sources
Minimum one year experience in medical billing or completion of a medical billing course.
Date Posted: Oct 15, 2015 | Job ID: 005